Veteran Services, RSL QLD are seeking expressions of interest from the volunteer community to support Darwin veterans for medium term compensation claim assistance. RSL SA has been providing this service in Darwin however recently this service has become unable to continue. Noting the limited support available to the veteran community in Darwin, RSL QLD is working with RSL SA to provide some interim support while a longer term solution is developed.
We are seeking qualified and practising level 2 pensions (compensation) or higher volunteers to provide support to Darwin. The indicative proposal would be as follows,
The term of the assistance would indicatively mobilise within 1 -2 weeks and would include.
- 4- 6 weeks initial support on site in Darwin,
- Face to face support for approximately 1 week a month after the initial support,
- Remote case management whilst in home locations,
- Hand over to a more permanent solution as it becomes available.
Please note that RSL QLD Veteran Services and the candidate would work on the best approach for the management of this service prior to and during the initial support period.
RSL QLD would provide the following
- Travel to and from home locations to Darwin,
- Accommodation in Darwin,
- Reasonable expenses in Darwin,
- Where required RSL QLD would arrange IT support.
If you are interested in this opportunity or have any queries please send an email with your contact details to [email protected] and in the subject line place ‘Attn: Robert Skoda – Darwin Opportunity’. We are requesting any expressions of interest are received no later than 5 pm on Thursday 27th Oct.