Our Objectives and Activities
We are often asked what we do as a local RSL sub-branch. We support the local community in line with the overall RSL objectives and our constitution. Below is a summary of our objectives and the activities we undertake to support our community.
Are in accordance with the RSL Constitution. Our key activities fall under the following State Branch Objectives.
- To provide Welfare and Pension Advocacy services to serving and ex-service persons and their dependants.
- To support the provision of commemoration and remembrance of those who have served our Defence Forces.
- To encourage fellowship and mateship for all our members of the RSL
- To support the education of Australia’s youth in the achievements of our Armed Forces.
- To co-operate with other ex-service organisations.
We do this by
- Providing welfare advice through personal contacts and referrals.
- Arranging and conducting commemorative events for ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day.
- Making visits to sick and invalid veterans and their spouses.
- Conducting funeral ceremonies.
- Arranging regular social events,
- Supporting community events though financial contributions and members participation.
- Maintaining the historical Yandina-Eumundi RSL Hall and its collection of Memorabilia.